Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

Sunday is a great day now that I think about it. Before it'd just be another work day for me with absolutely no consideration that it should be a good rest day. Now that officially it is my rest day I'm enjoying all of it's glories. My mother just phoned asking about my journey of yesterday but I really couldn't tell her everything.

Yesterday could be considered one of my longest days ever. I woke up at 8:15 to the knock of my billet, Brant who was checking what time I had to be at the clubhouse. What he didn't know that I was supposed to be up half an hour ago to take the bus to the clubhouse. Thankfully he was able to give me and Dan a ride to the clubhouse. We got on the ferry sometime after 10 am and let me say this much. I love riding ferries with the team. You could be walking around by yourself at one moment and then find a whole new group of your team just chilling. Plus the arcade, (note to self: must become acquainted well with virtual tennis to beat Vanderlee).

The actual game was a gong show. We got beat 23-20 by the Chiliwack valley huskers but we should've won. We had a total of 3 punt returns for TDs called back for illegal blocks. It was ridiculous plus it was just a gong show with the attitudes that both teams possesed. It was demonstrated quite well when they got 2 guys ejected from the game then we got taur ejected for trying to help somebody out.

Now the bus ride back. I'll say this much 99 bottles beer, not literally. Aftermath = total warzone. Taking a cab home at 5:30 in the morning.

Did I have fun yesterday, ummmmmm most definitely but I'm looking forward to that rematch.

Congrats Lance on number 7. Hopefully retirement is just as great as winning all 7 championships and please tell Sheryl to produce some more hits.

SOTD - All I wanna do - Sheryl Crow

No comments: