Sunday, December 25, 2011

HIp-Hop Christmas: Day 9 & 10

So I think an apology is in order. To all my dear fans or just Scott, you may have noticed I didn't post a day 9 Hip-Hop Christmas track and for that I must apologize. I had a Christmas party to attend and I was pretty strapped for time. Nonetheless, that shouldn't be used as an excuse. If anything it would be my ingestion of "festive drinks" would be better to blame for the lack of posting. Anyways with all that being said, it's time for a DOUBLE POST!!!


First up, I'm going old school for all y'all. And let me tell you it doesn't get any more old school than Kurtis Blow. A rap pioneer onto himself with his most notable single, "The Breaks". He is also responsible for this memorable Christmas ditty.







For Post #2 I've decided on a more contemporary artist. Hailing from Atlanta Ludacris has been influential in establishing Southern rap's imprint on the national consciousness of hip-hop. Working his way up from the local hip-hop station to playing shows across the globe, it's only fair that he'd appropriate the word Christmas for his own personal gain...


No comments: