Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hip-Hop Hanukkah: Day 8

Today we are going down a different route. In search of broadening the scope of the hip-hop inspired December holiday theme songs. Up to this point we had focused primarily on Christmas with the one tangent song that featured a fictional Jehovah's Witness' interaction with Christmas. Today though will be Christmas free. Instead we will look at a few Hanukkah inspired songs.

First, I'd like to send out some 'Happy Hanukkah' love to all my Jewish fam out there. While I couldn't find any well-known rappers who had produced Hanukkah inspired rap songs; I did find some amateur musicians who I thought still did their best to convey the spirit of the holidays. Though if we are lucky we could possibly see a Shyne track that could change the whole Hanukkah rap game.



 Alright so that first song is alright. These American kids seem to have taken the appropiate rap styles and were able to apply them to the holiday. But it's the next song that I truly tip my hat to.




Use of the Kanye Beat and a more than accurate title makes me label this one a hands down winner. Let me know what you think on the comments or twitter.

No comments: