Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let's Have a Hip-Hop/RnB Christmas

Christmas is upon us once again. That time of the year where every store is playing the same maybe 50 Christmas songs that we enjoy to listen every year. Some of them are new, some of them are old. Hell some people have even given up and said Bieber's new Christmas album ain't that bad. In the end this might be all fine and dandy for some people and that's totally cool. I'm just here to pose the question, Where are the Hip-Hop/R&B Christmas songs at? While the list for R&B Christmas songs might be substantial and I'll be honest I've only added to help the tally cause I'm not to positive that there are a lot of just Hip-Hop Christmas songs out there anyways. So for the next 10 or so days I'll be posting some Christmas Hip-Hop gems out there and feel free to add to the list. As well, let's not just make it Christmas, how about Hip-Hop Kwanzaa or Hanukkah songs.



The first joint is Run-DMC's "Christmas in Hollis" from 1987, the year I was born. With a couple skits and that classic Run-DMC swag, these pioneers provide us with a great start to the Hip-Hop/R&B Christmas.


No comments: